Bringing you to another world, it gets even more exciting whenever you use virtual reality glasses. However, it would be costly to buy one. Guess what, you can create your own virtual reality glasses with those!
There is no need for you to spend a hundred bucks just to get the adventure kicking. Got nothing to do with the pile of empty boxes or pieces of cardboard at your home? This is the time to make something out of those recyclable stuff. Plus, you will get to induce creativity in the process of completing this Do-It-Yourself project.
Before proceeding to the steps, here is list of the materials that you need:
- 2 neodymium ring magnets
- A pair of 45mmasymmetrical biconvex lens
- A smartphone with at least 4.5 inch screen
- 1 rubber band
- 2 adhesive velcro strap (optional, since you can hold it with your own hands)
- 1 X-Acto knife
- 1 electrical tape(optional)
Is everything ready? Now, let’s get started!
Look for a virtual reality glasses file online, download it and have them printed.
Glue the light numbers over the dark ones to get a long strip of template on the cardboard. If you want your cardboard to be neat, simply stick them onto the corners of the paper using an electrical tape then cut it with an X-Acto knife, supported by a ruler. Draw dotted lines on the marking bends. In another cardboard, cut the lens holder as well as in other curvy cuts.
Assemble the pieces through placing the lens holder first in the slotwhile the lens is in the center.Then, tape the sides and add magnets.
Give the improvised VR glasses a try by:
- Downloading the Google cardboard form on Google Play,
- Opening the app,
- Skipping the scanner view,
- Then go to demos and enjoy trying out different options
- Give it a try by searching 360° online. Enjoy!